Personal Data Policy
In addition, this page, which may be updated at any time, has been created to enable Users of the Site to better understand the principles applied in collecting and processing personal data, as required inter alia by European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, referred to as the ‘GDPR’, and French law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, as amended, on data protection and civil liberties.
By using the Site evidensdebeauté.com, Users authorize EviDenS De Beauté to collect and use their personal data in order to provide them with personalized services.
Under no circumstances can Users’ personal data be sold, rented or disclosed to third parties. However, they may be forwarded tosubcontractors chosen for their expertise, acting on behalf of EviDenS De Beauté and according to the instructions given. Needless to say, each sub-contractor will:
- Only receive the personal data necessary for their own specific duties.
- Have an obligation not to use this data for anything other than their own specific duties, for any reason whatsoever.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?‘Personal data’ is understood as any information identifying the Users of the Site, whether directly or indirectly. EviDenS De Beauté may therefore collect the following personal data:
- Identity: Last name, first name, age, email address, postal address
- Commercial relationship: orders, order tracking, consent to receive newsletters, discussions with customer service
- Products: collecting product reviews via the Avis Vérifiés application
- Technical aspects: IP address, browsing preferences
- Any other information communicated as part of discussions in connection with e-commerce activities.
WHEN IS PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?Users’ personal data is collected when a User:
- Agrees to receive communications from the brand (Newsletters).
- Places an order on the Site.
- Writes a review of a product they have purchased.
- Participates in competitions.
- Contacts customer service.
HOW IS PERSONAL DATA USED?Users’ personal data is collected for the following purposes:
- To process financial transactions.
- To communicate with Users.
- To respond to requests, questions and queries sent to customer service.
- To manage customer accounts in the event of technical problems or customer service requests.
- To respond to questions about products and services.
- To manage promotions and competitions, for informing participants about the results.
- To investigate, prevent or take action against any illegal activity or any infringement of the Site’s Conditions of use.
- To meet research and development needs for our products and services, and to improve our Site, our services and our offers.
- To customize the User experience.
- To develop statistics on the use of our Site and our products.
- To obtain consent: to collect or use data in accordance with new regulations.
- To respond to requests from authorities, for example for reasons of national security or the application of the law, if necessary.
RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL DATAEviDenS De Beauté will ensure that Users’ personal data is retained in accordance with the governing law.
- Users’ data is retained, unless Users object or request it to be deleted, for a period of three (3) years as from the date of its collection or from the last contact or end of the commercial relationship. At the end of this period, EviDenS De Beauté may contact the Site’s Users to find out whether they wish to continue receiving marketing contacts. If they do not reply expressing consent, the data will be deleted in accordance with the prevailing provisions.
- Product reviews published on the Site via the Avis Vérifiés site will be retained for a period of five (5) days. Avis Vérifiés has been awarded the ‘Online review’ NF Service certification mark issued by France’s AFNOR Certification body, based on the AFNOR NF Z74-501 online consumer review standard. This certification reflects the compliance of Avis Vérifiés with the service obligations provided for in the NF Service certification framework, for example concerning the rules on collecting, moderating and publishing reviews posted.
- Beyond these periods, your data may be archived with restricted access for an additional period, for a limited number of reasons authorized by law (payment, guarantee, disputes, etc.).
RIGHT OF ACCESS & WITHDRAWAL
In accordance with the provisions of Law 78-17 of 6 January 1978, as amended, Users have a right of access, correction, deletion and portability in relation to their personal information, and a right to object to and restrict the processing of their personal data.
For any questions about this personal data processing policy, or to exercise your right, Users are encouraged to contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the following address:
EviDenS De Beauté
Data Protection Officer
26 rue Galilée
Finally, you have the option of filing a complaint with France’s Data Protection and Civil Liberties Commission (CNIL) if you believe your rights regarding your personal data have not been respected.